I no longer have the messenger sidebar on my facebook app where I was able to see the green dot of who was "available". I have a Samsung S7 Android. The messenger icon that used to be at the top right corner of my facebook app is no longer there. It has been replaced with the circle chat icon. Is this due to the Android update that recently took place and the facebook app made these changes? Can I get back my messenger sidebar and if so how?
    Im completely annoyed by this. I utilized the sidebar constantly to see which friends were available to chat. It also listed my "top friends" and such.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
    03-28-2017 10:26 PM
    Nope. Nothing to do with Android. Android doesn't control what features Facebook decides to to remove or add. Basically Facebook itself removed it.
    03-28-2017 10:29 PM
    Is there any way to get this feature back on my app? My daughter has an Iphone and I noticed the messenger sidebar is still on her app. Is this perhaps something Facebook removed from only android facebook apps
    03-28-2017 10:34 PM
    Is there any way to get this feature back on my app? My daughter has an Iphone and I noticed the messenger sidebar is still on her app. Is this perhaps something Facebook removed from only android facebook apps
    Only if you can get the older version installer of Facebook app and not update it again ever.

They just updated Android first. It will most likely be removed on iOS too. Apple just takes longer to update apps with their process.
    03-29-2017 01:23 AM