Firefox mobile won't play youtube video on background anymore?

A

AC Question

I have a Samsung galaxy s7 edge and a update from T mobile came through on March 27 2017 and now firefox won't play youtube videos on background. It plays all other websites videos like from vevo or an anime website but not from YouTube. Is it only me or other people have the same problem?

InfiniteClouds

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
It's not just you and I haven't updated any app or OS for this to occur it seems to have been coded in on YouTube's site. Looks like Google is adamant about us paying $10 a month for YouTube red for the amazing feature of turning our screen off while playing a YouTube video.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

TheLEAX

Apr 3, 2017
Visit site
Yes the newest version of Firefox isn't playing youtube in the background

SOLUTION:
I've installed Firefox Aurora and it works there flawlessly
or try the Firefox Beta version , maybe it works too

Happy listening ;)

SanitaNita1977

May 30, 2017
Visit site
Hi there,I foud this solution,I hope it will help.
I fix with these

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/some-videos-wont-play-background

Some videos won't play in background

Firefox for Android can continue playing video even if you switch to another tab or app. However, sites can independently detect if it is not the active tab and choose to pause the video rather than playing it in the background, and some popular video websites have done so. We are continuing to improve Firefox for Android to better meet the demands of our users and you can continue to use this feature on other video websites.
How does this happen?

When a webpage moves to another tab, the Page Visibility API triggers a visibilitychange event regarding the visibility of the page. Some website developers may configure their website to detect these events, and pause video playback. Other than Page Visibility API, websites may choose to pause video playback when the user leaves its full screen player, by detecting a fullscreenchange event triggered by the Fullscreen API.
How can I fix this?

The behavior described is normal and expected, when a website has chosen to use the visibilitychange event or fullscreenchange event in this way. However, the behavior can be disabled by preventing the normal events from triggering.

As an example, an extension can listen for and intercept visibilitychange and fullscreenchange events so a website will not be able to react to a tab being hidden.

Please visit Video Background Play Fix to see or install an example of such an extension.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance