How do I fix/claim warranty on my Samsung Galaxy j3's sd issues?

Robin_moz

Mar 29, 2017
Visit site
I purchased a Samsung Galaxy J3 at Best Buy a little over two months ago and have had a huge problem with my sd card external memory storage. One of the main reasons that I purchased this phone is because it supports an sd card, but now it won't even take one. I have tried several different cards. The first card was a new Samsung EVO 32GB sd card. It worked great for about a month, then my phone began malfunctioning. It would only show a blank home screen and wouldn't function. After restarting and powering down my phone a few times, I was finally able to pull up my settings for a few seconds before it malfunctioned again. I had to keep restarting over and over before I was able to unmount my sd card. My phone stopped malfunctioning immediately after unmounting the sd card.
I thought that it was just a bad sd card, so I ordered a Transcend 64GB sd card. It only worked for two weeks before doing the same thing. I then used my old SanDisk 32GB sd card. It worked great for about a week, then my phone began unmounting then remounting the sd card many times a day. I tried taking the card out and spraying the card slot with compressed air, but it didn't work. That card began malfunctioning again, so I had to take it out. At least I was able to back up all my new sd card data to the cloud before it began malfunctioning again.
So now, I have no external memory storage and very limited internal storage space. My warranty with Best Buy was one month, which was convenient since the problem started after a month, but my phone supposedly has a one year warranty with Samsung, I assume. I need to call someone to replace my phone. I will look in the booklet for more info, but wanted to know if you had any more info on what I should do about my sd card problems and on the right person or company and phone number that I should contact.
Thank you very much

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Try wiping the cache partition, which won't erase any personal data: SAMSUNG J320P Galaxy J3 (2016) - Recovery Mode - HardReset.info.

If that doesn't help, then see if the problems persist in Safe Mode: SAMSUNG J320P Galaxy J3 (2016) - Frequently Asked Questions about resetting your device - HardReset.info. If they do persist, then it could be a firmware issue, in which case you could try reinstalling the firmware using Smart Switch: http://www.sammobile.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29914