Hello everyone,

I have a HTC One E8, which I bought in China. I recently reset it to factory settings. Because of this I had to reinstall Google apps from the chinese HTC App store because they are not natively installed on the phone (see: http://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/407899-htc-one-e8-m8sw-english-based-android-os-needed.html).

Everything worked out well except for the fact that in the Accounts & sync menu there was no option to sync calendar and contacts for the Google account. (Similar problem here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s4/629911-no-option-sync-google-contacts.html).

Downloading the Google Calendar App from the Play Store fixed my problems with synchronising the Calendar (it apparently wasn't part of the Google App package from the HTC App store).

For the Contact sync issue I downloaded and installed multiple versions of Google Contacts sync from apkmirror.
    All of them made the Contacts option visible in the Accounts & Sync menu, but then I kept getting the message "unfortunately google contact sync has stopped" and the contacts didn't sync. I checked permissions, cleared cache/data, restarted the phone but nothing worked.

What other options do I have at this point to fix this issue?
    03-29-2017 05:42 PM
    Can anyone help me with this? Thank you for your time.
    04-03-2017 12:22 PM