I have spent days on this trying to connect my Samsung Galaxy S4 Lolipop version 5.0.1 to mobile network. There is signal showing as available on the phone.
    I follow Slingshot APN setting instructions to the letter, then when system searches for network operator it comes up with options vodafone NZ, 2degrees &Spark NZ.

I choose Spark (they operate the Slingshot network and MOST of the time it displays unable to register to network, VERY sporadically & I mean for a matter of seconds it will connect (register) and messages will arrive and I can use the phone to dial message service and it connects as normal (and I think I've cracked it!!) only to be sadly dissapointed moments later with calls trying to be dialed disconnecting immediately and back to no connection.
    I phoned Slingshot and they say my account is fine and also I can put the SIM card back into my old iphone 3GS and it works fine. I wouls stick with the iphone if it weren't for the need to use apps for work that require more recent operating systems.
    CAN ANYONE HELP!! (I'm on last straw!) Thanks
    03-30-2017 07:28 PM