weather changing

A

AC Question

I have android 7.1.1 the weather widget doesn't change citites. I had android 4 it was changing.

Rose5

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Try booting into Recovery Mode and wiping the cache partition, which won't erase any personal data. Follow the steps in this video, but instead of selecting Wipe Data/Factory Reset, make sure you select Wipe Cache Partition. When complete, then select Reboot System Now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZXj6xL9eLs
i recently had my phone repaired. also my phone is android 7

Last edited:

Rose5

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
So you're saying the steps in the video don't work? Or that there's no wipe cache partition option in the Recovery Menu?

The video doesn't show anything. I looked into similar videos. It states power off and then power off button with volume button (i don't have) then arrow buttons (don't have either)
I only have factory data reset.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure why you don't have a volume button. How do you adjust the volume, using onscreen controls only? That video pretty clearly demonstrates a phone called the General Mobile 4G Android One phone.

"Version 7.7.1" doesn't make that much sense to me. Do you mean it has Android 7.1.1 installed?

Rose5

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
I'm not sure why you don't have a volume button. How do you adjust the volume, using onscreen controls only? That video pretty clearly demonstrates a phone called the General Mobile 4G Android One phone.

"Version 7.7.1" doesn't make that much sense to me. Do you mean it has Android 7.1.1 installed?

I don't get it eıther. The video doesn't do anything. I have a button above the power button. I tried with that and it shows as no command.

Rose5

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Try booting into Safe Mode. On most Android devices, while powered on, press and hold Power until the Power Off menu appears. Press and hold the Power Off selection until the Safe Mode prompt appears. Tap OK.

If the volume button still does nothing in Safe Mode, then the button is probably broken (which also means you can't boot into Recovery). Not sure if that has any direct relation to your problems with the widget.

Rose5

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
Try booting into Safe Mode. On most Android devices, while powered on, press and hold Power until the Power Off menu appears. Press and hold the Power Off selection until the Safe Mode prompt appears. Tap OK.

If the volume button still does nothing in Safe Mode, then the button is probably broken (which also means you can't boot into Recovery). Not sure if that has any direct relation to your problems with the widget.

I emailed the service and ask if my phone has no wipe cache partition option. They replied as no it doesn't have that opiton.

Last edited: