Samsung tells my Knox warranty is voided.

Rick1988

Mar 31, 2017
Visit site
I own a s6 Edge Plus and last week the display suddenly started dancing around occasionally (mainly while watching movies). After a couple of days the screen started developing more issues as it would show the normal screen but whenever I touched the screen nothing would happen (however, the touch sounds still sounded). After some time trying to figure out what was going on I realized the phone still worked fine and the touchscreen still worked fine, but the screen simply did not refresh anymore (if that makes any sense). The only way I could still navigate around was my turning off and on the screen and it would refresh again. E.g. I reset the phone back to factory setting with Kies to prepare for repair and in the setup process whenever I pressed next on the display nothing would happen, however, when I turned off and on the screen, the phone already went to the next screen.

Therefore I arranged a pickup by UPS for repair of the phone and after a couple of days Samsung called with the message that the Knox warranty was voided (after the first attendant told me I spilled a drink over it and water damage was the issue which is complete BS). When I asked how this could be, as the phone was not 2 years old yet, they explained illegal software was installed on the phone and therefore the warranty got void and I could basically throw away my phone. When I asked how this could happen I was explained that it could happen due to me installing illegal software instead of Samsung's software, or a virus infected my phone causing it to void the Knox warranty. I told them that I did not do that, and after I told them I bought my phone on eBay they basically blamed it on the previous owner. However, after some digging, customer service found that when my phone went for repair last December (the camera kept vibrating) the Knox warranty was tested and passed with flying colors.

Now Samsung basically voided my warranty and initiated a return without repair and refused to repair my phone. I am currently desperate as I am not in the position to buy a new phone and Samsung will not explain how it could be my Knox warranty got voided and they basically keep on sending me from customer service to the repair center and back. I personally do not understand how I would have installed illegal software and think that my phone should be protected against viruses ruining my phone (thats why you have the smart manager app right?).

Does anybody have any tips what to do right now, as Samsung will call me back tomorrow with the dispute team. However, I have the feeling Samsung is not really willing to listen and is all to happy to send my phone back and leave me hanging.

Thanks for your help!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay