Google Play Services Constantly Stopping!

ColbyJvonBrown

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
So first it started out with Google Fit not working & saying there was an error signing into my account. All my information is gone. But now all my Google Service Run Apps like Play Music, Play Games, Android Auto, etc. Aren't working correctly either. Every 2-5 minutes I'm greeted with a "Unfortunately Google Play Services Has Stopped" error. This is so frustrating. I don't know if I'll have to rest, but if I have to I will as a last resort. I'm using a Boost Mobile Samsung Galaxy S6 64GB, running Marshmallow 6.0.1, and the February 1, 2017 Security Patch.
-
Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

ColbyJvonBrown

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, what I meant was, is Google Fit the only app you're having problems with now? In your OP, you mentioned that you were having problems with all other Google services as well.

ColbyJvonBrown

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Sorry, what I meant was, is Google Fit the only app you're having problems with now? In your OP, you mentioned that you were having problems with all other Google services as well.

No, I've had problem with Google fit, Google Play music, Play Store, and most recently Android Authority & Android Central. They both stop, freeze, or forclose if I try to scroll to a new article or access forms.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Let me circle back briefly -- when you say you cleared the cache and erased all the data from the Google app and Google Play Services, did you actually wipe the system cache partition, as described in that link I posted?

Also, go to the Google Play Services app page on the Play Store website on your computer: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...d=com.google.android.gms&hl=en&token=gnhp34s4. Click the Installed button, then see if your device shows it needs an update.

ColbyJvonBrown

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Let me circle back briefly -- when you say you cleared the cache and erased all the data from the Google app and Google Play Services, did you actually wipe the system cache partition, as described in that link I posted?

Also, go to the Google Play Services app page on the Play Store website on your computer: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...d=com.google.android.gms&hl=en&token=NeCsJsWE. Click the Installed button, then see if your device shows it needs an update.

I went to both the Google App & Google Play Services. I went to manage data, and clicked clear all data on both. Then I went back and cleared the cache from each. Next I went to storage and cleared cache in storage. After that I shut my device down and booted into recovery where I cleared the cache there also.