Any way to turn off LTE on LG Premiere?

A

AC Question

I have a new LG Premiere LTE Tracfone running on Verizon towers, and Cell Standby is killing my battery. My signal strength is bad -- hovering around -112 dBm. My other LG 3G CDMA phones work great here. Researching online seems to indicate that with a new phone, Cell Standby drainage is probably due to a weak signal, and that turning off LTE may help. So I want to try turning off LTE, but I can't find a code to get into any hidden menu. I've tried *#*#4636#*#* and ##778 # but they only send me to a Verizon voice msg saying can't be completed. Anyone have any suggestions or know any magic code to use to turn off LTE? Am I even understanding all this correctly? I really appreciate any insights...

Aaron Gunda

Mar 25, 2017
Visit site
I have a new LG Premiere LTE Tracfone running on Verizon towers, and Cell Standby is killing my battery. My signal strength is bad -- hovering around -112 dBm. My other LG 3G CDMA phones work great here. Researching online seems to indicate that with a new phone, Cell Standby drainage is probably due to a weak signal, and that turning off LTE may help. So I want to try turning off LTE, but I can't find a code to get into any hidden menu. I've tried *#*#4636#*#* and ##778 # but they only send me to a Verizon voice msg saying can't be completed. Anyone have any suggestions or know any magic code to use to turn off LTE? Am I even understanding all this correctly? I really appreciate any insights...

Settings/connections/more/mobile networks/
Here there will be an option where u can switch between using LTE WCDMA and GSM.switch to WCDMA. Simple

CEB1414

Apr 1, 2017
Visit site
Hmm I don't have that option.

I don't have "connections" as an option under Settings, but I can go Settings/Mobile Data, then under it's sub-menu, choose Mobile Networks. But the only options there are: "Allow data connection over mobile networks (checkbox)"; "Allow data services while roaming (checkbox)" and Access Point Names: Set up APN for data services"

Unfortunately, I can't find anything in Settings that gives me an option to switch the network. That's why I was looking for a hidden menu instead...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12