How do I manually select a network operator / block a specific network operator?

A

AC Question

Hello! I searched but cannot find any answers to this question that help in my situation.

Short version: Galaxy Verizon Android device, converted to TracFone. I live in a area with very weak Verizon signal and very strong US Cellular signal. Verizon is a TracFone partner, US Cellular is not. I want to block my phone from using US Cellular in spite of the fact that the US Cellular signal is the stronger signal.

Details: Samsung Galaxy S4 mini (SCH-I435). Android 4.4.2. Stock ROM but I have rooted the phone.

In my mobile networks settings there is a "Network Operators" option that I think is exactly what I need, but it is grayed out. I would like to go in there and force it to Verizon and off US Cellular. I would like to do this without switching to a new ROM, if possible.

Part of the problem is there is no LTE where I live. I believe Verizon and US Cellular have different frequencies. But I'm stuck using 1xRTT signals and both Verizon and US Celluar use the same frequencies for 1xRTT.

Any help is very much appreciated!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evinrude