Restore galaxy S5 data broken display - dr.fone bricked my phone

plamenbalk

Apr 5, 2017
Visit site
I tried "dr.fone" to recover data on my S5. The display is broken. I wanted to copy the data from the phones memory. The phone is(was) locked with fingerprint.
Pressing simultaneously power + volume down + home. followed by pressing volume up.
Now I do not see my phone from the PC. Nether blue LED is lit, nor beep comes when power-up the phone.
Any useful tips?
Have I lost all data forever?

colenthri

Mar 7, 2017
Visit site
Pressing those buttons leads you to download mode - a special place for installing custom versions of android. You will have to either get your phone fixed or bring it to someone who knows what they are doing with data recovery and android phones.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Restore galaxy S5 data broken display - dead after Pressing simultaneously power+volume down+hom

Welcome to Android Central! If the phone makes no sounds or vibration when you try to power it on, then it's probably not actually powering on. There might be a problem with the battery, Power button, or motherboard. You could try replacing the battery, but it sounds like the chances of recovering any locally saved data will be low (assuming you didn't have an SD card inserted containing at least some of that data).

Phones can fail without warning, or fall victim to accidents, so it's always a good idea to keep your important data backed up or synced somewhere on a regular basis. Never let your phone be the only place you save this data.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781