Unable to open community entrance gate by pressing 9 on my Galaxy 7

A

AC Question

I was able to open entrance gate with my old Galaxy 3 but does not work with the 7Edge. Is there a setting I need to change?

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
How is the gate controlled? You had to have done some kind of programming on the old device, did you re-do that programming on the new one?

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.

Ty6989

Apr 6, 2017
Visit site
It is a community gate. Visitors call me through a callbox that is connected to my cell#. When I answer I dial "9" and it opens the gate. The only thing I can think of is that it has something to do with the tone.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
It should be using standard tones as otherwise prompts for other systems wouldn't work right. Are you connecting through WiFi calling? Try turning that off and see if it works. I've had some issues with those prompted systems when using WiFi calling.

Also.. Welcome. Hopefully we can get you pointed in the right direction!

Ty6989

Apr 6, 2017
Visit site
Thank you!
No, I didn't have WiFi enabled. However, I called myself from the callbox and pressed 9 a couple of times for a few seconds each and that seemed to work. Go figure! Thanks for your help!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12