Is it better to have a rooted or non rooted phone?

A

AC Question

I am trying to find a way to remove spyware that is hidden on my phone, I have found some of the hidden files but when I try to open them it says "there is no app that can open this file' or " there is no app that can perform this function " I would like to be able to get rid of the files like mobilsystem, suntek, ampsvc etc. I have Andi found files that are named torilogs (One of them even says journal after) and there are many RSC logs that I can't open. I got them opened once or twice but could not decode then, the one I did decode I used the UTF or UTC 8, maybe Unicode. I truly believe my phone is tapped there are many signs pointing to this, activity that goes on in my phone that I don't do and I have tried many different apps to detect wire tapping and the like and everyone I've tried, when I make a phone call, will say, "this call is being recorded" or it will detect hidden calls to 2 or 3 specific numbers. After I check the log though and see that it's happening I clear out the log. When I go back to look at it later the settings have been changed and detection of hidden calls is then turned off. When I take screenshots of the logs or other things I find that would prove someone is tracking/ tapping my phone they disappear. I just want to know a way to stop whoever or whatever from being able to spy on and control my phone, short of buying a new phone because I can't afford it, and don't just tell me factory reset because I do that almost daily and ask those files still pop back up and will not let me delete them.

smvim

May 16, 2014
Visit site
Keep in mind a Factory Reset only wipes the /data partition, where your personal data is stored on your phone. It does absolutely nothing to any of the system partitions, where the operating system resides.
If your problems are tied to some exploit that's installed itself into the OS, you're going to need to re-flash the stock ROM. Flashing a ROM is essentially replacing the installed operating system with a different one. Flashing a stock ROM typically does not require rooting your phone, if you were planning on using a third-party ROM than that does require root.
If the problem is something only affecting your data or the apps you've installed, you can often just clean things up with a utility like Malwarebytes or some trusted AV utility. Also keep in mind that those antivirus and/or anti-malware apps you install from the Play Store are installed as regular, restricted privilege apps, they have full control over /data for instance but limited ability to do anything to any of the protected system partitions.

Need more details, like what phone model you have and your carrier, to actually make any suggestions.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. These smartphones are miniature computers in our pockets. There is a lot of background processes that go on without our say so just due to the OS needs to run them. This is a far cry from the days when we needed a boot up 5.25" floppy disk just to turn on the computer... @LeoRex will know what I am talking about.

The process that you can't see doesn't really concern me....The message you get sort of does. Did this start after you installed a new app?

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
@Golfdriver97 ... you saying I'm an old fart? :)

My first computer used data cassette tapes to boot. Nothing says 'read/write speeds' than a computer that had to fast forward and rewind a tape to get to the data.

But if what you said is true, then smvim's recommendation is your only option that keeps the phone. A factory reset only clears the user data on your phone. System software, where a lot of this junk buries itself inside, is retained during a reset. If you give us the make and model of your phone, we might be able to point you to the software you need to reload and hopefully there are good instructions on how to get that loaded. Many OEMs provide tools to reload the software.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome