Hello all and thank you for letting me join your group. I have a question and I'm hoping someone can assist. I'm not sure if its been asked before or if this is an Android issue or the carrier.

We use a dispatching application that sends dispatched call information via gmail to a text message address (9999999999@domainname.com) to workers in the field. The drivers can reply to the "job message" and update the dispatch software running at the office with their call status such as "enroute to call".

My issue is this; since we moved to Sprint / Android phones, when workers in the field reply to the "job message", either Android or Sprint is removing the original message so the system has no idea what job to update. For some reason, it no longer handles it as a conversation with a thread of the entire back-and-forth between Gmail and the phone. The Android device sends the reply, but to nothing.

Does anyone know of an app that we could use that would allow us to send email to a text addresses, but keep the original message and treat it as a conversation or thread? I really hope this makes sense to someone who knows more than me - it shouldn't be difficult.

Thank you so much in advance.

DD
    04-07-2017 08:00 AM