Does 5.0.1 Suck?

Meowtopia

Apr 8, 2017
Visit site
I have a Sony Ericsson X10 1.3 ghz 1gb of ram, and ever since I got this tablet, which is now 8 months old, it has been very slow, in contrast to my $60 Hisense Sero 7, which I've never gotten a lag spike on, but the Hisense actually is slower, as it is .1 ghz less, but it runs 4.4.2. I have been very sick of this lag on this tablet and I've been looking at different ways, I tried rooting, every time I try rooting my tablet lags out and restarts, and custom launchers have helped a bit, but my tablet is still laggy. I've then looked at what ate up most of the ram, and they were all stupid google apps like google play services and google maps, which is comepletely obsolete on a tablet, and each of the stupid predownloaded apps on 5.0.1 eat up like a ton of ram. I then tried to disable all these apps and use amazon underground, not the play store and ditch google comepletely, and it works nice so far, have like 600mb free at a time. Anyone have any other suggestions to help me, and can someone suggest a custom rom for the X10 that is both really fast and reliable? Also if I were to install a custom rom would I still be able to use apps I could normallly use on the stock software? thank you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair