OTA update freezes at 25% - How can I fix.

A

AC Question

I have a HTC M9 running Android 7.0 (HTC update 4.14.401.7). I am in the UK with EE as my carrier. My phone has recently been requesting I download 4.28.401.3, an update of about 650mb which is supposed to bring security updates and system enhancement. The phone is however refusing to install it. It gets to 25% and then switches to a red triangle with exclamation mark. After about a minute it then restarts and requests I download the update again. I have tried removing my external memory card, the sim card and have tried a factory reset. Nothing has helped. Any suggestions on what to do next would be greatly appreciated?

kalle_123

Apr 11, 2017
Visit site
It seems to be quite general and also an international problem. I have the same update 4.14.401.7 --> 4.28.401.3 problem here in Finland. Update process freezes at 25% to a red triangle and phone restarts. Related questions can be found in many forums, but I have not found any fix. Maybe we have to wait that HTC will release a new update package ...

Frosty_Seafire

Apr 13, 2017
Visit site
It seems to be quite general and also an international problem. I have the same update 4.14.401.7 --> 4.28.401.3 problem here in Finland. Update process freezes at 25% to a red triangle and phone restarts. Related questions can be found in many forums, but I have not found any fix. Maybe we have to wait that HTC will release a new update package ...

Thanks, I contacted HTC support and they are aware of the problem with the update. Apparently they are working on a patch but it might take a couple weeks before it goes live.

Gushfevah

May 7, 2017
Visit site
Anyone had any joy with this Update yet ??

My phone is constantly reminding me to update with this OTA, but now it won't get passed the bootloader as the state of the phone is now "Modified" not "Official"

Never tried rooting the phone or anything. I've emailing HTC, but no reply as yet.

Thanks

kalle_123

Apr 11, 2017
Visit site
Anyone had any joy with this Update yet ??

My phone is constantly reminding me to update with this OTA, but now it won't get passed the bootloader as the state of the phone is now "Modified" not "Official"

Never tried rooting the phone or anything. I've emailing HTC, but no reply as yet.

Thanks

Hi,

no ... in Finland there is still only just the same 4.28.401.3 update, and it freezes.

I think the situation is a bit shameful for HTC. :(

Frosty_Seafire

Apr 13, 2017
Visit site
Hi,

no ... in Finland there is still only just the same 4.28.401.3 update, and it freezes.

I think the situation is a bit shameful for HTC. :(

Still the same in the UK as well.

I think I'll have to try contacting HTC again.

I don't know if this is linked to the update problem, but I've also been experiancing Mobile Internet problems that started around the same time. Wifi works fine but on 4G I seem to be constantly getting DNS NXDOMAIN error messages. I'd be interested to know if anyone else has been experiancing something similar? :confused:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995