I recently smashed my UMI Plus so only a half centimetre slither of screen works.
    I've seen that you can mirror the screen on a laptop or connect a mouse to control it but seeing as I have no fancy settings on and no way to turn them on these methods don't work. I have a bluetooth mouse that works fine with my old android but my bluetooth on my UMI isn't on (and I can't turn it on) and I've never connected the two before.

I can't use android file transfer (which I normally do) to recover anything because I need to unlock the device, which I obviously can't do. Its particularly infuriating because I have alarms that go off every hour or so that I had on for revision which I now can't turn off so I have to keep the devise on a low battery and wait for it to die so it stays silent (it turns itself back on when an alarms due).

Is there any way I can recover information I haven't synced or am I screwed?
    04-10-2017 06:39 AM
    You can try adb. If you need a copy I can provide it. Basically extract adb somewhere where it is easy to get to. I suggest Desktop\adb. Open the folder you put it in and hold shift while you right-click. Select Open command window here. In the command window type

adb devices

If your device shows up then you will be good to go.

Type adb pull /data/

And it will pull your entire /data partition from the device.
    04-10-2017 06:51 AM