shared calendar issues

A

AC Question

i have multiple gmail accounts, personal, Kijiji, work etc.. i have one specific account that my wife and I only use for calendar sharing. we are both on android. it seems that it doesn't matter what calendar app we use, the google accounts get mixed up, whick leads us to missing our calendar appointments. im hoping im explaining myself properly... if so, PLZ HELP. Gimme some tips/tricks please.

thx all

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Who does this calendar belong to? Do you have a joint Google account, or do you each have your own Google account, and one person shares that calendar with the other?

amseven777

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Who does this calendar belong to? Do you have a joint Google account, or do you each have your own Google account, and one person shares that calendar with the other?

It is a joint google account we use for our calendar, but we also have our own google email accounts that are also on our phones. It just seems like the accounts get mixed up when entering calendar info. Would Cozi be the best option?

THX

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You're right, it can be confusing, because you have to pay attention to which Google account you're adding an event to. When you add a new event, it will likely default to your own calendar account, so you have to make sure each time that you're adding that event to the shared calendar account.

amseven777

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
ya, thats why i was looking for a calendar app that allows only 1 account... so there is no confusion. im ok with the other way, but my wife is not so great with these phones. it messes our calendar up ALL of the time. i guess im out of luck.. thx

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You could install an alternate calendar app and always have that set to the shared calendar, while you continue to use your main calendar app for your own purpose. I just tried it with Business Calendar Pro, and that continued to show the one calendar I selected to display, even when changing the displayed calendar in my Google Calendar app.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance