Unable to log into Google account to setup phone after factory reset

A

AC Question

I got an email that I believe is from Google that said this...

"Hi [REDACTED],

Someone just used your password to try to sign in to your Google Account [REDACTED]@gmail.com.

Details:
Saturday, April 8, 2017 1:16 AM (Ulaanbaatar Time)
Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia*

Google stopped this sign-in attempt, but you should review your recently used devices:"

I live in the US so after changing my password on my gmail account, I checked my phone and noticed a bunch of strange looking Certificate Authoritys listed in my phone's security settings. They contained a lot of non-English letters which I assumed meant my phone had been compromised. I immediately did a factory reset.

Now I cannot log into my gmail account on the phone when trying to go through setup. I am able to log into my gmail account online so I know I am putting in the correct password.

I read somewhere that you have to wait 72-hours before being able to log in again after the reset but after waiting that long I still am unable to login on the phone but can on my PC. I have not been able to find a phone number to reach a human at google so I am not sure what else I can do.

If someone does not know how to help me with this then I might as well throw the phone in the garbage which sucks since I just bought it a couple months ago.

Phone is a "Blue One X2" and I am using straight talk service.

I read all four similar posts before posting this. None of those posts solved my problem.

Thanks.