Can somebody explain why is this happening with my headphones?

A

AC Question

So everytime I plug in my headphones, my tablet (irulu android 4.4.4), it doesn't let me hear anything from my headphones. I checked the headphone jack, but it doesn't have any lint. I've tried my headphones in other devices, and there perfectly fine. And I've tried the cotten with alcohol and paperclip, nothing happened.

Can somebody tell me how can I fix this problem?

A

AC Question

I have a problem with my headphones/headphone jack.

So my tablet (irulu, android 4.4.4) doesn't let me hear anything with my headphones. I checked the headphone jack, and it doesn't have lint. I've tried my headphones in other devices and there perfectly fine. I've tried to clean the headphone jack with cotton with alcohol and the paperclip, but nothing happened.

Can somebody explain or help me fix this problem?

spantch101

Trusted Member
Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
I have a problem with my headphones/headphone jack.

So my tablet (irulu, android 4.4.4) doesn't let me hear anything with my headphones. I checked the headphone jack, and it doesn't have lint. I've tried my headphones in other devices and there perfectly fine. I've tried to clean the headphone jack with cotton with alcohol and the paperclip, but nothing happened.

Can somebody explain or help me fix this problem?

Could be a number of things, did you ever have it work with headphones? Or has it never worked ? If it's software related I would suggest a hard restart. And if that doesn't work try doing a factory reset on the device. If this is a hardware issue. I doubt you will have any luck finding help outside of warranty, as this doesn't seem to be a popular device. Sound works through the speakers correct? And when you plug in your headphones, the sound stops coming out of speakers correct? If the sound stops the hardware is at least sending a signal to shut it off . May just be a driver issue that can be fixed through a reset. I don't recommend the paperclip and alcohol trick to clean. Very doubtful it would be so plugged not to get any sound.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Does this happen with any headphones? If so, then the jack itself is probably faulty. You'd have to get it replaced at a repair shop.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital