email Notifications delayed 1-6 hrs when phone is asleep

A

AC Question

My frustrations on trying to resolve this issue is only matched by buying a google integrated phone in the first place. Since I purchased the Moto X pure Limited 4 months ago it's been nothing but a merry-go round between Motorola, cell provider & Google with everyone blaming the other for the issue from day 1 of setting it up.
Carrier tech enabled the sim and helped me set the phone up using my Gmail address (required) added IMAP address's. (2 additional accts) Now to be clear! I don't use social media, receive limited emails per day (10-15 perday between the 3 accts, But when I do they require immediate response's so the phone is locked and asleep a good portion of the time. After visiting the provider's store 2-3 times a week the 1st mo deleting and reinstalling the email accts checking setting. I decided to install the Outlook app and remove it from Gmail's. Immediately Hotmail notifications hit the phone at the same time it hits my computer, but not Gmail or AOL's still synced to Gmail unless I wake up the phone and or unlock it.

I've tried every fix recommended, connecting to my router's Wifi when I'm at my computer, Changing signal from 4g lite to 3g both options slight improvements from 45min to 3 hours on Gmail email server accts. I'm out of options as nothing seems to fix the issue. Motorola's only options is to delete everything and reinstall the OS. But I don't believe its the OS to go to that extreme as Outlook functions without issue. So it's either a app's sync issue when the phone is asleep or Google's sync. I'm ready to sell the phone and get an Iphone if I can't resolve this issue.

Please don't respond with links to gmail help or forums or ask questions I've already answered. ONLY reply if you have a real solution I'm tired of going in circles. Thank U.

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
Create an account and continue the conversation.

Which version of android?
Which carrier?

Do you have any of the email apps white listed for Dose's "battery optimization"?

anon(10216321)

Apr 15, 2017
Visit site
Sorry had to register to respond, took a bit of navigating to get back to the post.

Create an account and continue the conversation.

Which version of android?
Which carrier?

Do you have any of the email apps white listed for Dose's "battery optimization"?

Moto X pure Limited - Marshmellow 6.0

ATT (just found out 2 days ago 3 ATT towers within 1 block of me each direction is only 3g) ATT tech changed network setting to 3g)

Took Gmail off battery optimization 2 mo ago.

anon(10216321)

Apr 15, 2017
Visit site
OK so I registered and answered your questions. Waste of time as most forums are. Dead air.

Just another email harvesting site. Thanks but no Thanks - Bye! deleting my acct so don't bother NOT responding.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muejnkfabet