Need Advice

M1sch1ef

Mar 28, 2017
Visit site
Should I buy Samsung Galaxy S5 now? Since it was released in 2014.Is it worth buying in 2017? And also it's also cheap here in India.Suggestions are encouraged.I don't want to buy those Chinese Smartphones because of their ****ty after sales Support.Any alternatives for this Smartphone?

Last edited:

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Should I buy Samsung Galaxy S5 now?

Purely depends on what you intend on using the device for :)

If it's for calling, texting, browsing social media, watching a couple videos and taking photos. The phone will work perfectly for you.

If you don't care about having the latest and greatest technology then it's fine :) don't worry about it being a little 'old'. People loved it when it came out so I'm sure you will to.

I presume you buying it 2nd hand? (Used)

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
No, I am not buying it Second hand. And sorry please read the Question once again. :)

You changed it! Haha. No worries,

I think my answer still stands. If you buying it new and are using it for the reasons I said above, then its still worth the purchase :)

For an alternative, Maybe look at the Samsung Galaxy J7 (2016). It's got great battery life and a nice big screen. Should be able to find that for a reasonable price.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I read somewhere just recently - maybe here? - that the S5 was one of Samsung's more popular devices; maybe for a specific group of people/region/etc... Sorry, my brain is a little fried from work haha.

But if you want the phone and can get a good deal on it, I say why not? With Samsung's quality and attention to detail for each iteration, I don't think you really need to have the latest and greatest device they produce.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa