How do I shut off my Galaxy S6/boot it into recovery mode without shutting it off

A

AC Question

I have a lot to write so here I go. My phone is currently stuff in a boot loop but a complicated one. The phone was working just fine until last Friday it restarted on its own and got stuck in a loop. I have a friend who is experienced in fixing this kind of stuff but he lives in another state so we spent hours talking in Discord trying to fix my phone. I pressed every button combination and he used teamviewer to try and use Odin on my phone. I don't know the technical terms of what he was attempting to do but he did everything he could based on his experience and we ran into multiple issues that could help me fix my problem. Ultimately we want my phone to boot into Recovery mode to either wipe the cache partition or to factory reset it but I cannot get the phone to shut off. Either it goes to the boot loop, it goes into Download mode (with nothing happening at this stage), or it goes into the screen with a empty gray battery icon with a lighting bolt symbol if it's plugged in and charging. I just recently got it to "shut off"(with down and power) but the light indicator won't turn off and it stays at a very blue color. This doesn't look like to be an option anymore because after having it "shut off" twice, it doesn't want to go back to this "mode". FRP Lock prevents Odin from working it's magic on my phone through my laptop. I don't quite remember every step we took because my friend tried to help last night and I went to bed when we gave up. If you ask if I did a certain thing then I will try to remember if we tried it. We tried everything short of removing the glass back, which I don't want to attempt, so if we missed something then please tell me. Thank you.

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Well, the battery with lightning means it's off and charging. Once off, long press the volume down, home and power buttons... If the logo comes up, keep pressing the other two until the robot appears...

inthenotion

Apr 17, 2017
Visit site
Well, the battery with lightning means it's off and charging. Once off, long press the volume down, home and power buttons... If the logo comes up, keep pressing the other two until the robot appears...

Can you be a little more specific on what buttons I should keep pressing? The weird thing is that the battery with the lightning symbol stays on the screen even after I unplug it.

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Hi! Welcome to the forums!
Sometimes it takes the device a while to work out that is not being charged any more...
I'm assuming that you're starting from the off state (where the grey battery shows with the lightning).
I'm also hoping that the buttons will work after all the ministrations you guys did!
So to get into the recovery screen, press and hold the power, volume down and home buttons. If it's going to work, you should get the Samsung logo on the screen. Once you see the logo, release the power button but not the other two!!
You should see the little green robot appear and do magic things, then fall over and play dead. If you got this far, that's a good sign!
So you have the dead robot and the device saying it's dead, ignore all that and give the power button a push... A black screen should appear with small writing...
Let me know if you get this far...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vignajeanniegolabek