S6 Edge extra call volume icon won't go away

A

AC Question

Today my S6 Edge started displaying in the status bar the extra call volume icon. It's on the right upper hand in the notification tray. The icon is a phone receiver with sound coming out of it. The icon only goes away when I switch to flight mode. I went into app manager and tried to force shutdown everything remotely similar to phone or volume. I restarted a few times to no avail. The thing is just stuck there. I can't find a specific app that this icon belongs to. It's not the badge push service either, I tried forcing that off. I can't even find this problem on the internet! Does anyone at least know what this is?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
So you're seeing that icon, but in the status bar? Some phones do use an icon like that to indicate wi-fi calling -- it might depend on your carrier. For example, my wife's Note5 on T-Mobile uses an icon more like the one you showed.

Anyway, it should be fairly easy to test -- turn off wi-fi calling, and see if that icon goes away.

ai_83

Apr 21, 2017
Visit site
Thanks a lot, that would be great help. I've searched a lot and came up empty handed. Besides it seemingly being the extra call volume, I've no idea why did it pop up there and how to get rid of it.

ai_83

Apr 21, 2017
Visit site
The icon in the status bar only disappears when I switch to flight mode. The plane icon shows up instead. So I'm not sure if the receiver icon disappears because the status changes or because there's a bug that moves it out of the tray to make room for the plane icon.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Do you have any headsets and/or bluetooth speakers connected?

Airplane (flight) Mode turns off all the radios, so the icon going away tells me that it's related to something that is connected to the phone. Maybe. Possibly. :p

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, can't find any specific info about the HD Voice icon on Orange phones. Try going to Settings>Mobile Networks, and look for an option for HD Voice, VoLTE, Advanced Calling, or Enhanced 4G (which are all essentially the same thing). Turn it off temporarily, and see if the icon goes away in the status bar.

ai_83

Apr 21, 2017
Visit site
Bingo! Thanks a lot! In mobile networks there's a 4G call option that I didn't activate but was on. Must've been pushed by my mobile network. They could've at least announced it.