I cannot post on any of my friends walls on facebook from my galaxy S7

A

AC Question

When using the FB app on my Galaxy S7 Edge i cannot post on friends wall's there isnt even an area that shows up that says "write something to" any ideas why this is happening. I have tried to reset my phone, uninstalled and reinstalled the app and my friends have not blocked me from writing on their walls.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Try going to the App Manager, select Facebook, then Storage, then Clear Cache/Clear Data. Now open the app again and log back in. Same problem?

650h1

Nov 25, 2017
Visit site
Anyone have this issue resolved? I am currently experiencing this on my S8. But if I sign into a different account on the same phone, it works fine. Not sure what the issue is, and I've gone through every setting possible to ensure I dont have it turned off. Works on on desktop, internet browsers, and even third party FB apps, but WILL NOT work on the native FB app for Android.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
"Works on on desktop, internet browsers, and even third party FB apps, but WILL NOT work on the native FB app for Android." says that the problem is the Facebook app. You'll just have to wait until they fix it.

650h1

Nov 25, 2017
Visit site
It's odd, if I sign into a different account in the app on my phone, it works. I have adjusted all privacy settings to match the account that it does work on, and its still not working.

dfwelch

Apr 19, 2018
Visit site
I've finally found a place to complain about this problem!

Not only am I having this problem on my brand new S9+, but I was also having it the past 2 years on my S6. So it's obviously not the phone and not the Facebook version. Someone suggested I log into another Facebook account on the S9+ and see if the problem persists, but I'm not going to the hassle of that, since someone here already tried it and that solved the problem, which means, again, the problem isn't the phone or the Facebook version. The only possible answer is that it's in the Facebook account settings. But what kind of setting would that be? "Don't give me the ability to post on others' walls when I'm using a Facebook mobile app."

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz