Samsung Galaxy S5 - Has it been used / for how long?

A

AC Question

Hi.

Is there a way to tell when a S5 was first activated or how long it has been in use? If so, is this something that is reset after a factory reset?

Background to my query...

I'm bidding on eBay for a Samsung Galaxy S5. According to the seller, it is "brand new". Apparently it is an insurance replacement device which has never been used.

However, when I looked closer at the posted pictures, the pins on the charger are heavily scored, suggesting is has seen quite a lot of use.

I first asked the seller (who is not a business seller) if the phone was truly "brand new". They replied quickly, repeated the description back to me regarding it being an insurance replacement direct from a well known retailer.

So, I pointed out the fact that the charger had clearly seen a lot of use, and could they offer an explanation for this? Some time has passed, and they have not offered a reply.

I don't mind if it has been used, so long as it has been well looked after and has no visible signs of wear & tear. Obviously, I'm more likely to bid more for a truly unused device than one that has had extensive battery use.

Ergo, if I do end up the winning bidder, I'd like to be able to prove one way or another if the device has been in use for minutes, days, months, or years.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon