can Tablet w/ Android 6.0.1 be updated?

A

AC Question

received (birthday gift) a Tablet running on Android version 6.0.1
it's UPDATE IMMEDIATELY screen messages have been annoying because Google's Play never thoroughly works every time I click it to install updated apk's on it. I'm unable to do anything with it's Google apk's (nor it's vital apks', nor it's pre-installed apks')
Every time I click on Google's Play store to update everything it always says Google isn't responding: after I click on the connect to Google Play to log-into Google Account -screens.
Ask me if you need to know the Tablet brand,
& look for "Droidonymous" in the future Q&A's
I'm in the process of creating an account but cannot pull up my gmail through it's app, fortunately it's bloatware Chrome apk does work on WiFi BUT I'm using "Mobile Data" NOW.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It always helps to know the model and name of the device. Where are you seeing this "Update Immediately" message? Is it a popup or a status bar notification?

I'm guessing that your device is a no-name or off-brand device direct from China that is not certified for Google Play. These devices almost never get any kind of official update from the manufacturer, so you have to rely on the rooting community to come up with a rooting exploit, as well as design a custom ROM for that specific device based on the more recent Android version. This is all pretty unlikely.

circumflexus

May 7, 2017
Visit site
....it's a model of "Nū Vision" brand tablets, it comes from a drop-down menu on screen. Aside from that, I've had an older model of theirs which ran on Android 4.4.? -something. It had an apk on it Adobe's Flash which wasn't even compatible with my/THEIR tablet's O-S, when I tried to update it in Google's P.S. the app had not been updated in its description since before it was pre-installed on mine. --totally bloatware! I could've wedged a BUTTERKNIFE -(LIGHTLY) through its screen, which constantly collected dust particles I couldn't remove. BUT I digress, the subjects tablet won't update any Google's apk, it won't even system update itself.

circumflexus

May 7, 2017
Visit site
I've had to tediously install updated versions through multiple avenues ( Bluetooth, external sd card, email downloads). BUT that's raised another problem, It's "permissions" lock me (the only person using it) of some of the features of a lot of the apps i install on it (such as moving files to my external sd, renaming files on my ext-sd, even using its own camera default apk).
Imagine being stuck having to tap every keypad key 2 to 3 times because you're stuck with the "factory version" or original version of Google's "gboard" Or whatever they call it! Plus, it won't even let me install any other keypad apps, no it will let a few but will never let me switch to them, instead just displaying three Google microphone feature to tap on in it's bottom right corner on screen --which doesn't work while disconnected from internet (WiFi issue) connection.