No notification overnight (Samsung Galaxy S8)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

AC Question

I've had my S8 for about a week and loving it. One thing I noticed though, is that the notification doesn't work after I wake up in the morning. This is happening with the GMail app. For example, I'd receive 1 or more emails overnight while I'm sleeping, when I wake up and look at my phone, no LED light blinking and no notifications showing. Making me think I have no emails when in fact I do. This is strange because my notifications work fine when I'm awake and actively use my phone. It's just when I leave my phone alone for a long period of time (i.e. when I go to sleep), is when this issue occurs.

Wondering if anyone else has experienced this or has a resolution.

Apr 26, 2017
Visit site
Thanks. My power saving mode is disabled. The GMail app wasn't shown on the list of sleeping apps either. I haven't manually restricted any background data. Is there an area in the Settings page where I can check on that?

CypherSix6

Apr 27, 2017
Visit site
Possible Solution Re: No notification overnight (Samsung Galaxy S8)

I was having an issue with not receiving any notifications (gmail, exchange, facebook, etc) while the phone was in sleep mode on WIFI. I did however notice the screen getting brighter after sending a test message. I went into Settings >> Display >> Edge Screen and turned off Edge Lighting. This seems to have fixed the problem for me. Strange thing is like others this issue didn't occur when the phone was using 4G in sleep mode only WIFI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo