Why is my internal storage full especially the misc files when I don't even know what it is about?

A

AC Question

Please help me. I've been longing to find an answer on this one. I viewed my internal storage, but I saw that it was almost full. I've seen the components. Let me enumerate ALL of them: apps, pictures and videos, audio (music, ringtones), downloads, and misc. Let me explain one by one. In the apps, it said that 89 MB was used, but I made sure that all apps should be in my system storage. In the pictures and videos, 664 MB was used, but I had few pictures only. I had many videos, but I put them in my sd card. In audio, 84 KB was used (well it doesn't matter 'cause it's just KB, but I still want to know why it had used memory even if I don't have any music). In downloads, 128 KB was used even if I don't have any downloads. Lastly, the most irritating one, the misc files. 1 GB was used. I was very surprised when I tapped on the misc files and nothing came out! It was all blank, and because of all of these senseless components of the internal storage, it is almost full. Because of this, I cannot install apps from the Google play! Please help.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Ok, what's the exact model name/number? How much internal storage did it come with? It sounds like it probably doesn't have much internal storage to begin with (I'm guessing either 4 or 8 GB), so even if you get rid of some of that, you'll find yourself low on space again soon.

The Misc files can include a lot of various kinds of files, many of which are still important to the system or to apps. (Miscellaneous doesn't mean "useless.") Try some of the tips here to see if you can clear out some space: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...y-how-deal-insufficient-storage-warnings.html

uriecaneee319

Apr 28, 2017
Visit site
Oh hi. Sorry for the late late reply. Ummm I actually don't know the model name or number because I'm not a techy person or whatever you call it. It came with 1 GB only.
Thank you very much for the reply!

uriecaneee319

Apr 28, 2017
Visit site
Oh yeah, can I ask something? Can the location of the installed app from the Google Play Store be changed? Because the app I want to install comes in the internal storage. I want to change the location. Is there a solution or a way? Thank you!

Last edited:

uriecaneee319

Apr 28, 2017
Visit site
Oh and lastly, I don't get the other components. In pictures and videos, I don't have any except videos that are saved in my sd card. Then in my downloads, I don't have any. Lastly, I've deleted all my songs in my music. Sorry for so many questions.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The model name/number should be in the Settings>About Phone menu.

You say it came with 1 GB only -- is this available internal storage, total internal storage, or RAM? Show us a screenshot of your Settings>Storage menu: http://forums.androidcentral.com/ge...ide-how-post-screenshots-android-central.html

Apps always have to be downloaded and installed to Internal Storage initially. If the phone supports moving an app to SD (in the Settings>Apps menu), you can do so after the initial installation -- but you can't download and install an app directly to the SD (unless you have a phone with Marshmallow that supports Adoptable Storage). Also, when you move an app to SD in this way, only a portion of the app gets moved -- a significant portion of the app has to remain on Internal Storage to function correctly.

I don't quite understand your 3rd set of questions. Are you saying that you can't see photos and downloads on your phone, or are you trying to access them from your computer while the phone is connected via USB?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci