Keep deleting apps, still says I don't have enough space on galaxy s4. Why is that?

trisha2766

Aug 4, 2015
Visit site
I have a samsung galaxy s4 7in (at least I think that's what it is). No matter how many apps I delete it always gives a message that says there is not enough space, that I need to delete something to update or to add any new apps.

For example my daughter wants to update her minecraft PE and it says it needs 167 mb and that I should delete something but when I check the device storage it says I have 364 mb. What's going on here? It feels as if there is some sort of trash or recycle bin that needs to be emptied, but I don't see anything like that.

Thanks for any help. To be honest, this tablet drives me crazy and has been a real disappointment.

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Hey Trisha, welcome to the forums!
If that device has an SD card, move all your media to that.
Then try to wipe cache partition, to unclutter it a bit and freshen it all up.
Try that and tell us how it goes..

trisha2766

Aug 4, 2015
Visit site
Thanks! By media do you mean just video and image files? I think most of them are on the sd card though. I've also moved any app that I can to the card, many of them I can't though.

But I have no idea how to 'wipe cache partition', do you have a link explaining how to do that?

trisha2766

Aug 4, 2015
Visit site
I looked up how to do a 'wipe cache partition' and that didn't help at all.

And now the situation is a bit worse because my daughter accidentally uninstalled minecraft and I can't reinstall it.

Once again: under 'General' then 'Storage' it says available space: 438 mb

But when I try to install minecraft PE I get a message that says 'Not enough space' 106 mb needed. And then it prompts me to uninstall something. Which I've done, freed up more space, and then still get a message that there isn't enough space. And then I'm unable to reinstall what I got rid of or put anything else on it.

Any more ideas?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo