LG G6 verizon GSM unlocked Doesn't let me turn on data !!!

A

AC Question

So I bought a LG G6 from Best buy. It as verizon unlocked device, and I use SIMPLE MOBILE carrier. The phone worked fine with my network, Call text LTE... BUT if I turn my data OFF, I can't turn it back on, it says "please contact *customer service number*". I have to restart the phone and it turns on data by default on startup.
:/ I don't know where the setting are for the data turning on on restart so if it stops auto enabling I am screwed.
What do I do?

Contacted verizon and went to the store, they won't help me because I am not a customer :(
SIMPLE MOBILE says everything is good on their side so they can't assist me.
Best buy will send my phone back to verizon/ LG who won't see the issue because it requires a SIM

...help

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! How are you trying to turn the mobile data back on? There's often a mobile data toggle in the Quick Settings (in the Notification Panel). Otherwise, it might be in the Settings>Mobile Networks menu or the Settings>Data Usage​ menu.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It might be some issue with the Verizon firmware causing issues now that you're no longer on Verizon. As a workaround, how about turning on Restrict Background Data in Settings>Data Usage? It won't completely turn off your mobile data, but it will significantly decrease the data usage for apps in the background.

Does the same thing happen in Safe Mode?

When you get a chance, head over to the Introductions forum and tell us something about yourself! http://forums.androidcentral.com/introductions/

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma