How do I get rid of nougat 7.0 on my Galaxy S6?

A

AC Question

I recently installed the new software update on my Galaxy S6. At first everything seemed fine, then little things started going wrong. Now my phone is completely unusable for hours at a time. I need to get rid of nougat and go back to whatever I had before, but I'm not sure how.

First my GPS stopped working, then my wifi wouldn't work, then my battery life went to sh*t, and now my screen just completely stops working for sometimes hours at a time. Every time the screen stops working, Samsung Pay pops up, which is really weird. I've tried the reset where you hold the volume down and power buttons as well as another where you hold the volume down, power, and home button. Neither has helped. I tried using my phone in safe mode to see if one of my third party apps was causing the problem but it wasn't. I obviously can't uninstall Samsung Pay but I've tried "force stopping" it and that doesn't do anything.

I was going to next do a factory reset, but I can't back up my photos to my computer because my computer can't open them for some reason. My only hope now is to uninstall nougat or reinstall whatever I had before. Any help is appreciated.

lizardchest

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Try a cache partition wipe, if you didn't after your upgrade. It won't bring you back to MM, but it may help with your problems.
Turn off the device.
Press and hold the Volume up, Home, and Power keys together.
When the Samsung Galaxy S 6 logo screen displays, release only the Power key.
When the Android logo displays, release the Volume up and Home keys. 'Installing system update' appears for 30 - 60 seconds (don't panic! :)), followed by the Android system recovery menu.
Press the Volume down key until 'wipe cache partition' is highlighted.
Press the Power key to select.
Press the Volume down key until 'yes' is highlighted.
When the wipe cache partition is complete, 'Reboot system now' is highlighted.
Press the Power key to restart the device.

kcrae92

May 1, 2017
Visit site
Try a cache partition wipe, if you didn't after your upgrade. It won't bring you back to MM, but it may help with your problems.
Turn off the device.
Press and hold the Volume up, Home, and Power keys together.
When the Samsung Galaxy S 6 logo screen displays, release only the Power key.
When the Android logo displays, release the Volume up and Home keys. 'Installing system update' appears for 30 - 60 seconds (don't panic! :)), followed by the Android system recovery menu.
Press the Volume down key until 'wipe cache partition' is highlighted.
Press the Volume down key until 'yes' is highlighted.
When the wipe cache partition is complete, 'Reboot system now' is highlighted.
Press the Power key to restart the device.

Thanks for the tip! I just tried this and unfortunately I'm still having the problem. It is definitely directly connected to Samsung Pay. I really don't understand it but it pops up constantly and then the phone stops working. I think my only option is to get rid of nougat.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artistnos