Why is my Droid Razr Maxx saying that I don't have enough storage for downloading apps?

A

AC Question

I am trying to download an app to my Droid Razr Maxx but it keeps telling me that I don't have enough storage space available. Earlier today I purchased more cloud storage. Shouldn't that have given me enough storage space on my phone to be able to download apps? Clearly I'm not a technological genius, but what am I missing here? I really just don't understand....someone please help! 😵

Thanks SO much!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I used to have a Razr Maxx, and I recall that its Internal Storage is partitioned the old way, where about 3 GB are used for app installation, and the other 10 GB or so of internal storage is set up as an "Internal SD." 3 GB is not much space these days, so unfortunately you'll be pretty limited. I think the phone does have a Move to SD feature where you can move a portion of an app to the Internal SD (not the external microSD card), but this often doesn't solve the problem, since a good part of the app still has to remain in the App Installation partition.

See this guide for more info: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...y-how-deal-insufficient-storage-warnings.html

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech