Why can't facebook could not detect panoramic shots from Samsung Galaxy S8 as panoramic images?

A

AC Question

I took panoramic images from both Galaxy Samsung S7 and S8 using the in-app camera. When I uploaded both images to Facebook, only the panoramic image from S7 is detected as panoramic image by Facebook. Has anything changed with the camera app in S8?

Mr Mendelli

Dec 19, 2016
Visit site
Either the panoramas dimensions, or aspect ratio have changed. I would compare the dimensions from a pano on the S7, with that of one on your S8. Facebook probably relies on the aspect ratio, and has a limited ammount of ratios it counts as panoramic photos.

Mr Mendelli

Dec 19, 2016
Visit site
no. s8 still renders it as jpeg.

There has to be some sort of difference. Do you know how to compare file differences in a hex editor? Perhaps, for some reason, the header in the S8 images is proprietary and facebook doesn't recognize them. Seeings how it isn't the dimensions, aspect ratio, or the format, I see no other variables that would cause these images to be invisible to facebook.

Mr Mendelli

Dec 19, 2016
Visit site
no. s8 still renders it as jpeg.

There has to be some sort of difference. Do you know how to compare file differences in a hex editor? Perhaps, for some reason, the header in the S8 images is proprietary and facebook doesn't recognize them. Seeings how it isn't the dimensions, aspect ratio, or the format, I see no other variables that would cause these images to be invisible to facebook.

xmanh

Aug 9, 2017
Visit site
That's because of the "motion panorama" feature in s8 phones. To solve it just turn off this feature by pressing the icon at the center-top of the screen, then you will get "normal" panorama picture that can detected by facebook.