Using notifications on s8 lock screen

Praveen05

May 7, 2017
Visit site
I just bought an s8 and have set it up. Since the finger print scanner is poorly located I have been using the face recognition to unlock the phone. However sometimes I like to check my notifications on my lock screen without unlocking the phone. I cannot do this as the phone unlocks as soon as it recognises my face. Does anyone know a solution? The always on display doesn't show detailed notifications (just icons) and essentially makes the lock screen completely useless as it unlocks as soon as it goes from always on to lock screen.

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
You can have all info show up on lock screen notification, however that doesn't help you much since the device unlocks when you look at it.....
Go settings... Lock screen and security... Notifications.. Once you allow that, you get some options on what to show on lock screen...

Praveen05

May 7, 2017
Visit site
You can have all info show up on lock screen notification, however that doesn't help you much since the device unlocks when you look at it.....
Go settings... Lock screen and security... Notifications.. Once you allow that, you get some options on what to show on lock screen...

Hey Tim, Yes that's exactly my problem. The Lock screen is unusable because of the almost instant facial recognition. Looking for a way to get more information from the Always on Display other than just icons showing that I have notifications.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante