Half-Life Engine Port Key Mapping Issues

Mr Mendelli

Dec 19, 2016
Visit site
I've been trying for some time now to map the jump key for my MOGA Pro Power gamepad for the Xash3D FWGS engine port. I'm trying to do this for Half-Life, but neither the in game mapping tool, nor the config file seem to be working. So far it's been pointless to use a gamepad without the ability to jump, I can't even progress past the tutorial. I've tried numerous button variables, but to no avail. I want to map the A button to this function. I should also note that there is nothing wrong with the controller, as games that support it natively work fine. What's even stranger is that the A button, as well as start and select aren't detected either, but all other buttons are by the in-game config. The internal strings for the key binds within the controller's firmware are as follows:

button_Y
button_X
button_B
button_A
GAS_R
GAS_L
ect...

I would think that manually using the button_A bind for jump would work, even if the engine isn't registering the button in-game, but it still doesn't register. Are there other "A button" binds that I could use? Does anyone know how to fix this?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol