My battery life on my Samsung 6 drains too quickly!

A

AC Question

Okay so I bought the s6 two years ago and broke it in two weeks. Just recently I got it fixed and I am wondering if my phone is defective. I still have 16GB of space left and downloaded the DU battery saver app. I have to charge my phone twice a day to 100%. I tested out the ultra saving option mode which helped out as it only drained 4% compared to over 15% of leaving my phone with the normal power saving option overnight. My sister who has the s6 edge left hers overnight without any power saving option and hers went down 3%.. I tried restarting my phone and deleting some apps but got no results. I don't have insurance on my phone so I don't know if I am eligible to get help from my carrier if they originally gave me a fualty phone. PLEASE HELP if you have any advice :)❤❤❤

Whatdafk7

May 9, 2017
Visit site
LOL idk how to screenshot so...Screen takes 27%, device idle 22%, cell standby 18%, android OS 12%, WiFi 10% and android system is 8%. It says I have 10hours on battery with 78% charge left. I have only been on this thread since the morning with 90% which dropped to my current 78%

Whatdafk7

May 9, 2017
Visit site
To clarify the morning I mean I have been on my cell for about 30minutes which dropped the battery down over 15% now. I feel like every minute the battery goes down 1% :(

Last edited:

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Okay. Welcome as a new member. :)
There are so many possible causes of bad battery life that at this stage it's difficult to judge. It may simply be that your battery's capacity has declined with age.
There's nothing obviously abnormal about the stats that you've supplied.
If you want to do as I suggested in my first reply - it's possible to judge more about a battery when it's down from 100% to about 40% - here's how to post a screenshot: [GUIDE] How To Post Screenshots on Android Central

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sh...tral.com/showthread.php?t=413366&share_type=t

How to make a screenshot in the first place on a Samsung, I'm not sure, but I think it's by pressing Power and Home simultaneously.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I see nothing abnormal in those stats. Android System is perhaps a little high, but nothing alarming. As long as you had reasonably good screen-on time during that period - a few hours, say - I don't think there's a problem. If your screen-on time was much less than that - tap on Screen in the stats to find out what it was - you may have an old and tired battery.
I'll ask knowledgeable Samsung team members to cast an eye over the stats.

Whatdafk7

May 9, 2017
Visit site
I don't believe it was. However, even with it not replaced, I only used my phone for two weeks and then broke it, waited over a year and finally fixed it. So I don't know if that is the problem. However, I got it fixed at pacific mall but had two week warranty which expired by now. Im worried now that the repair person might have given me a bad battery?

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Load AccuBattery... It's a great little tool that will monitor your battery's performance and estimate the capacity. I'm guessing your battery capacity is probably 70% to 80% of what it was new... If you have the S6, that had a small battery to start with, so capacity is at a premium.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34