What does the second battery icon in my info bar mean?

A

AC Question

Past 2 days i've had problems charging my s7. I lose battery percentage even when its plugged in while using it and sometimes it doesnt even charge at all. And recently i've had this battery "recycle" icon which i have no idea what it means, does anyone?

bmhillegass87

Q&A Team
Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Hello!

Based on the description you provided above it sounds like you have a power save feature turned on (recycle icon). You may want to disable that feature and so if these issues subside.

Here is a great guide from our friends here at AC that will show you how to turn on/off that feature, or check to see if you have settings triggering it on.

It does rather odd you would lose % while in power save mode and charging, but there is no mistaking that icon.

Using Power saving mode with the Samsung Galaxy S7 | Android Central

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Disable any charging wallpaper app

Welcome to Android Central! What do you mean by "charging wallpaper app"? Are you talking about a live wallpaper that shows the battery charging state?

The previous answer from bmhillegasss87 was correct -- the battery "recycle" icon the OP asked about indicates Power Saver.

smvim

May 16, 2014
Visit site
When was the last time you just restarted your S7? That's often a good fix for a lot of one-off glitches that randomly pop up.
But your S7 is a six-year old phone so it's not surprising if the battery is failing. All smartphone batteries age, that's inevitable.
https://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_s7-7821.php

If you're comfortable tearing down your phone, and you have all the proper tools and equipment the iFixit site has a nice, step-by-step guide on how to replace the battery in your model:
https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Samsung+Galaxy+S7+Battery+Replacement/90299
It's not a trivial project as Samsung uses a lot of glues and adhesives so that makes both disassembly and reassembly even more involved. You can also send your phone to a trusted, local service shop and have it replaced for you. But really, with a six-year old phone you need to take into consideration how much money you want to spend to keep this phone running vs putting that money into just buying a new phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2