Editing a contact on the phone doesn't stick. Anyone else seeing this?

DragonPoo

Sep 6, 2016
Visit site
Hi guys! I've checked around and haven't seen this specific issue, so I'm wondering if it simply affects me, or if anyone else sees this.

I have a problem on both my phone, and the wife's, which causes her to hate Android more and more.

I have contacts synced with my Google account. When I go into one and edit it (add a field, alter a phone number, etc) on the phone, and save it, the changes appear to save properly on the phone. Then, a few hours later, it is back to the old data. I suspect this is a sync issue with Google's data for the contact, but if I go into the Google account and manually kick off a sync or two, it doesn't reset it.

If I go into my Google account and edit the contact, then sync my phone contacts, the updated information gets down to the phone and stays.

Both phones are Moto Z Play Droid edition, on Verizon. I'm current, on Nougat 7.0 with the March 2017 security updates, although this has happened since getting the phones on Marshmallow last year. This is using the default Contacts app (com.android.contacts) version 1.4.17.