Galaxy S4 H.D. voice

burnt clutch

May 12, 2017
Visit site
I've recently bought a new Verizon Prepaid S4 Galaxy. I live in a area with poor cell reception and it seems like the only way I can use my phone is to run it off of my homes Wi-Fi. In order to do this, I need to enable H.D. voice through Verizon, but Verizon is saying that the do not support H.D. voice on this model of phone. I am able to connect fine to my homes Wi-Fi with this phone, and the Internet Browser and exchange email client run fine, but phone and text messaging look for a cell signal. Aside from upgrading to a newer phone (like a S5), what other options might I have to try out for voice and messaging over Wi-Fi? Would Google voice be the best solution? Thanks in advance for your help!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Google Voice would probably work best. If you just need to make local calls, you can use Hangouts Dialer on wi-fi without having to get a Google Voice number, but this won't work for receiving calls.

Also, do you have cable service? If so, which one? If you have Comcast with a voice plan, they have a nice app that allows you to make and receive calls via your Comcast number.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Have you asked Verizon about a signal booster/microcell for home? Not sure if they charge you for it (T-Mobile leases them for free to its postpaid customers). If they do charge you, you could politely ask the rep (or their manager, if you have to escalate) if you could get the booster for free, or at least for a significant discount. Let them know your alternative would be to start looking for another carrier.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae