Safest program to recover old videos/photos from your smarthphone?

Dewsun

May 10, 2017
Visit site
Ok I need to recover an old video. I dont want the video to be leaked in any way when/if I recover it. So my question is what recovering program is the safest to use, in terms of not leaking/stealing my video - I just need advice on a program, and if its safe to use, this video cannot be leaked in any way, I just need to rewatch and then I will get rid of it again.

Thacy

Dec 18, 2015
Visit site
First of all, was the old video deleted from your phone internal memory? Then you need to get your phone rooted before any recovery tool could find the video.
Second, when did you delete the video? If it were deleted a long time ago, then the new data after that might have overwritten it, and thus unrecoverable.

If now you still think the old video is recoverable, you're suggested to try [link redacted by Mod], which 100% safe to use. No user data would be stored or collected.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dewsun

May 10, 2017
Visit site
I dont know if it was internal or external, im not really sure what the difference is. Anyway I can find out? The video was deleted a week ago.

The video was taken with my camera, and not through any app. So that is stored in the DCIM folder, which is in the internal memory?

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
Internal storage is what was installed at the factory.
External storage is a micro SD card that you installed after removing the back case of the phone.

The DCIM folder is where the camera app places its photos and videos. Unfortunately that is the name of the folder regardless of internal or external storage.

Go into your camera app and see if it has the option of letting you pick where the photos are saved (internal storage vs external storage). If it does not give you that option, then the files are storage on the internal storage.

Since the video was deleted a week ago (long time), the chances of recovering it are slim to none. Even worse if the storage used was internal since you would need to root the phone to do the recovery, and that process of rooting the phone would probably overwrite the deleted video.

Which app did you use to delete the video?
If you used a file manager app (not the video viewing app), some file manager apps implement their own "recycle bin" where files can be undeleted from.

Thacy

Dec 18, 2015
Visit site
It is possible. If you have a SD card in your mobile phone, there are also SD card video recovery tools. It is hard to say anything for sure now. You may have a try.

Dewsun

May 10, 2017
Visit site
I have no option to choose where to store the files in the camera app. So internal I take. The video was in my gallery app and I deleted it from the gallery app. If I want to try to root my device anyway, any guide for rooting you recommend? - I saw some comments that it can mess up your phone

Thacy

Dec 18, 2015
Visit site
Yes, it is true. If you do it in a wrong way, you might brick your phone. Though usually you can fix a bricked phone, but you may lose data and mess up your phone.
What's your phone model and Android version? You may search root tutorials in Google with your device information, and only try those that exactly fits your device. Rooting apps should be safer, but may not support some devices.