Received text back saying message unable to send message blocking active

A

AC Question

I have family mobile as my carrier but have a T-Mobile phone, I have been receiving a text saying unable to send messase: message blocking is active, how do I deactivate it?

Eric Carland

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
Same here I'm also with Family Mobile and can't send any short code messages to 5 or 6 digit number. Example DEALS to 727272 it just comes up. Message blocking active. This just started happening. I called family mobile they said I can only send text to 10 digit numbers. I told the that I could do it before what changed starting to think about dropping Family Mobile with this BS their pulling.

Any help appreciated I have iPhone running iOS 10.3.2 newest OS.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Did you ask them specifically if there's a setting to block or enable "short code" numbers? Sometimes there's a setting on the phone (on Android phones, open the Phone app, tap Menu>Settings>Call Settings, and look around there), but you might also have to ask the carrier to do it on their end.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Also, sometimes you can fix this kind of problem enabling the permission for Premium SMS. The right steps depend on the phone, unfortunately I don't know how to do it on an iPhone, or if that's even possible.

secn

Apr 7, 2020
Visit site
HELP!!! I've done the above special permission....I have "always allow" checked but still get the "message blocking active" reply. It only does this for some of the short codes not all of them. I have Family Mobile and their customer service/tech help is USELESS!! They keep repeating themselves saying "you can't text to numbers less than 10 digits". But they have no answer why I can text them on their help service using 611611. They just say "well that's because it's our help line"....omg dudes its not 10 digits so why can I text it but not some others???? Repeat..repeat..repeat….worthless. So, any ideas why some will go through but not others?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Log into your Family Mobile account on your computer browser and look through the options there -- see if there's an option for message blocking, or possibly an option to prevent downloadable content. I just encountered this with T-Mobile -- I wanted to donate money to a Boys & Girls Club relief fund as promoted by the T-Mobile Tuesdays app, which required me to text something to a short-code number. I got the Message Blocking Active error, so I had to go to my account settings and allow downloadable content (because blocking downloadable content via messaging also prevents money transactions).

Lynn Moore1

Aug 29, 2022
Visit site
i recently experienced this after switching to qlink and inserting their sim in my phone. i contacted them and was told it was because i had reached my data allowance which..... i dont know what happened exactly with my apps but i went to playstore and downloaded the Google messages app i thought i was already using and made it my default. logged in with my gmail and problem fixed. hope this helps someone else

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member