S6 what is pin option under messages please?

A

AC Question

Hi - my S6 updated yesterday - if you go to write a text and touch the lines at the top right side it gives you the option to 'schedule a message', 'add subject' etc but right at the bottom in orange it says 'notification' (not sure if you unchecked that how you would know you had a message) and 'pin' ... don't know what 'pin' is for - have pressed it for people who aren't pinned to front screen and nothing happens and then for people who are on front screen, assuming it would leave the text message up when it arrived until I get out of it, but it doesn't.

Any ideas please? Thanks in advance

hillyw

Aug 7, 2016
Visit site
Hi thank you - sorry had forgotten to sign in so this is me :) So presumably whatever messages you had in the meantime, this one stays at the top then? Thought it would be more exciting, but thanks for your help

DeWanda

Feb 28, 2018
Visit site
helpful for example a task recieve & send message I can pin original text message pertaining to task & when I recieved or send then the original task message info comes up 1st? On my side or the receiver or both ends of message.