getting a heartrate alarm for fitbit alta

twolfowl

May 15, 2017
Visit site
hello I am writing this because my wife gets frequent sleep paralysis and its scary especially since she cant tell me when she gets them she feels like she is kicking and screaming for me but in reality it looks like shes just sleeping peacefully. But we did realize her heart rate sky rockets during sleep paralysis so we desperately need some kind of loud alarm to go off when her heartrate gets over 70 so I dont have to keep spending nights up monitoring the heartrate and waking her up when it gets over 70. I really dislike the fitbit company for not having this implemented for the people that desperately need it!. Ive heard of polls and all that to get it implemented but its seriously not a debate fitbit! just get this for your app already how hard is it to make a notification go off when your heartrate is high jeeze. Anyways if anyone knows of an app that does this I would be extremely grateful you will save my sleep knowing my wife isnt suffering for long.

bmhillegass87

Q&A Team
Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Hi @twolfowl!

Sorry to hear about your wife's sleep issues! I actually found out I was having apnea issues via my FitBit! From there, I was able contact my doctor, get a sleep study ordered, and actually found out the tracker was right! I was able to get fitted for a dental appliance that has increased my quality of sleep quite a bit. However, the Fitbit can only do so much to draw attention to the issue. I was fortunate enough to have decent insurance to get those items covered. Without getting too personal, this sounds like a device that is most likely available in the medical community to ensure proper safe heart rate tracking. At the end of the day, FitBit devices are not the be all end all, and certainly do have limitations. If possible (and I know everyone's situation is different), i'd recommend consulting further with a physician if possible and exploring options. You might have taken these steps already, but it seems like the next best steps with this. Certainly wish you and your wife the absolute best! Insurance can be both scary, challenging, and not everyone has the same benefits. It's quite tricky, but hopefully you can find a resolution that works for you both!

twolfowl

May 15, 2017
Visit site
Going to do that when we can but its rediculous that fitbit does not have an alarm to go off when it gets too high that seems like it would be very simple to implement into there app and it takes awhile to get into her doctors so have to constantly look at her phone at the heartrate all night and wake her up when it goes over 70, We dont have a fitbit yet but planning on getting it and trying some apps that state they alarm you.