Why do I only get alerts on my Wyliefox Swift phone ONLY when it's plugged into the charger.

A

AC Question

I have MIPC App installed on my Wyliefox Swift phone and I can only get Alerts when my phone is on charge as soon as I unplug the phone I get 2 alerts then nothing but all motion is detected and recorded without alerting my phone.Can anyone help me PLEASE??????

anon(10243446)

May 21, 2017
Visit site
I have checked the system menu on my Wyliefox Swift phone and I have not got any battery saver modes switched on.I only get Alerts on the phone whilst it is charging,when I take it off charge I get 2-3 Alerts then no Audible Alerts but everything is recorded OK.I have changed the Router,Updated the phone OS to Android 7.1.1,Uninstalled and Reinstalled the MIPC App for my CCTV,Done a complete Factory Reset on the phone,Reset the CCTV Camera to Factory Default and it's still the same.When I leave my house the CCTV works ok as I can watch live video feed and watch recorded video records but NO ALERTS?????Any suggestions unless this MIPC App is Faulty????Can anyone HELP PLEESE!!!!!!!!!!!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It sure sounds like it's related to the update. Give some feedback to the developer, and see if they're aware of this issue: mipc.dev@gmail.com (I already noticed the review you posted on the app page, but make sure you also email the dev directly.)

May 21, 2017
Visit site
Many thanks for your reply,I have E-Mailed that address a few times now but it appears that they are that IGNORANT they do not have the courtesy of replying to any E-Mails.I am in contact with the Camera Manufacturer and they are trying to get a reply from "mipc.dev@gmail.com" the address that is shown on the App that is why I contacted you to see if you can help as I'm new to all this technical stuff at my age of 64!!!!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Sorry for the frustration.:-\ In my experience, developers aren't always directly responsive via email, but it's still important to give them feedback about bugs. You may just have to wait until the next app update, where those bugs will hopefully be quashed.

May 21, 2017
Visit site
Hi there many thanks for your reply,I have found a setting in the phone which is under configure Apps which is Unrestricted Data Access and on the MIPC App I have turned this on.In the app data usage it keeps going to Restrict app background data which says that disable background data on mobile networks and the next slider which is linked says Unrestricted Data Usage ,allow Unrestricted Data Access when the data saver is on, sometimes the alerts work and sometimes not?? Should I switch them On or Off???

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If you don't have to worry about mobile data usage, then turn off Restrict Background Data, since this can sometimes interfere with notifications. But are you saying that Restrict Background Data keeps getting turned on, even if you turn it off yourself?

May 21, 2017
Visit site
Good Morning,What I'm trying to say is that when I download MIPC App and go into App Settings the Slider which says Restrict Background Data is switched ON from Download and Install state.If I switch it OFF in Settings there is another Slider which seems to be linked to this one which is labeled Unrestricted Data Access.If I switch this ON then the Restrict Background Data Switches ON and Vice Versa both ON and both OFF????

May 21, 2017
Visit site
The two photos of my Wyliefox Swift show the way that the MIPC App is set just as it is downloaded and installed from the Play store. I hope that the information is of some help with this problem that I am having with this App.Regards, Trevor.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The Unrestricted Data Usage switch is only meant to be used if you have the Data Saver function turned on (which is presumably elsewhere in the settings -- I'm not sure where, though). In other words, it flags the app as an exception if Data Saver is turned on. Assuming you don't have Data Saver turned on, then you should only have to turn the Restrict Background Data switch off for the app. This would mean the app does not have any restrictions on its data usage, and hopefully will also lead to your notifications coming through when the phone is asleep and not charging. So see how that works.

Of course, you should also look for that Data Saver setting and make sure it's turned off as well.

May 21, 2017
Visit site
Good Morning,I have turned the Restrict Background Data OFF and I have found the Data Saver switch which is off.The App is still the same all Alerts when plugged in and 2-3 when unplugged BUT everything is recorded when plugged in or unplugged??I enclose photos of settings.Yours Trevor.DSC00123.jpgDSC00124.jpgDSC00125.jpg

May 21, 2017
Visit site
Hi there,Just to let you know,I have been browsing the internet re:-MIPC App.And on the Apple i store under MIPC App if you look at the reviews on the same page you will see that one review states "Since the update that they DO NOT get NOTIFICATION ALERTS on their phone"Another review states "That it will not work now on their i phone"So it looks very much like the App is faulty.I have E-Mailed the Dev Address every day but no replies as yet.I thought I would keep you updated,Regards,Trevor.

May 21, 2017
Visit site
Hi there I'm still having problems with this alert on my phone it still only gives alerts when on charge. I have emailed the dev 12 times but they don't want to reply also the camera manufacturer has been trying to get a response from MIPC dev and have had nothing back from them.The phone records everything and the camera obeys all commands from my phone so the camera and phone are in communication with each other OK.Everything works apart from the ALERTS when the phone is off the charger???? Have you anymore suggestions I can try to get this problem working??? Thanks again for your help with this alert problem,Yours, Trevor.

May 21, 2017
Visit site
Thanks again for your reply, I have emailed the developer many times with no response from them.They seem to be a very ignorant bunch that are doing nothing to address this problem and there seems no solution to this problem.Once again many thanks for your help.Yours, Trevor.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm