How To Get Files Off a Phone With a Black Screen

A

AC Question

Hello there. I have a seriously stupid problem.

A little while back (about a week or two ago), my HTC One M8 sustained some water damage due to me stupidly spilling some water on it. I put the phone in rice in a small baggy and waited for like four hours (probably wasn't long enough but I was panicking) and the phone works perfectly fine. Only problem is that the screen itself is the only thing that's actually damaged.

The phone charges, it gets notifications, everything. But the screen is so incredibly din that it appears black and it's pretty much impossible to see anything on it. So I can never really tell what I'm doing.

Now, I can deal with not having everything from my old phone, but I at least want my pictures. I have screenshots of important info and memories on that phone. Thing is, ever since the dreaded incident, when I plug in that phone to my laptop, the folder for it reads "this folder is empty". I have no idea why that's suddenly happening and I can't see the files from the phone anymore. Lucky me, my screen is black so I can't really do anything on that end. I tried looking up solutions but no one else seems to have had to deal with this "black screen" problem, except maybe two people who never really had their problems solved. I have no idea what to do. From what I've read, I could use a cable to connect a mouse to my phone and remotely view my phone screen from my computer, but apparently that requires USB Debugging mode and that would be near impossible to pull off if I can't see anything on my screen. Sorry for the long message and thank you for your time.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae