My phone got wet and now it won't charge

A

AC Question

I dropped my Sony Xperia Z5 in water a week ago. It was suppose to be water resistant but i dropped it and it got this little dent on bottom side. It wasn't in water more than 1 second but i guess that demage was done. At first everything was working properly, it seemed that no harm was done. But after about half an hour i noticed that screen was unresponsive to touch. Then i got home and put it on my charger but battery didn't charge. All that happened is that sound when i connect it to charger. I left it like that overnight hoping that it will fix itself, but tommorow when i checked it, neither screen was responsive nor battery was charged. So i removed back panel and left it for like 3hrs to dry. Then i turned it on and screen was responsive and everything was working fine except charging. Then battery drained completly and i left it to dry off even more. It still won't charge but i noticed something bit strange. When i disconnect battery connector from motherboard and connect my charger it makes beep sound, turn on LED (that didn't happen earlier) and starts charging but for only 2 seconds and than it stops for 2 seconds and goes like that all the time. I was in repair shop and phone is there atm but they say that they tried to fix it buy changing some cable (idk what it's called) but it's not it. Could it be whole battery? Help me please :)

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
It's been a week? At this point the damage is done.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...-tos/477140-guide-oh-no-my-phone-got-wet.html

According to that guide, shutting the phone off and/or pulling the battery should happen as soon as possible (talking SECONDS, not "when I get home") for the best chances of saving the device. On top of that, drying the phone should happen before even attempting to plug it in.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.