Android Security Question

A

AC Question

I have a question about Android Security, and I am hoping the AC community can help me with an answer.

I recently bought a used Pixel XL off of Swappa. Tonight I transferred my data from my Galaxy S7 to my new Pixel - I used the cable/adapter to transfer all of my data - all my Google accounts, photos, contacts, apps and app data - everything that transfers. When all of that was done, I went ahead and took my Verizon SIM card out of my Galaxy S7 so that I could put it in my Pixel. When I took the SIM card tray out of the Pixel, I found that there was already a Sprint SIM card in the Pixel - apparently the Swappa seller forgot to remove their SIM card from the phone before they shipped it to me. So yes, this other SIM card was in the phone as I was setting it up.

My question/grave concern is that whoever the seller was could have access to my information. I'm inclined to think that they would not have access to any of my data just by having their SIM in the phone as I was setting it up, but in this day and age, I just don't know.

Should I be concerned about the security of any of my information? It appears as though the phone was factory reset when I got it, and I now know that I should have checked for the SIM card first and done a factory reset myself, but was hoping you all could help me out.

Thanks for your help!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member