How can I enable LG Destiny to show sender of text message?

A

AC Question

Answers to Manic Joe's queries:

1. Android version is 5.0.1
2. tracphone
3. sms app: default app

I can set the phone to talk which will announce the sender and text, not a real option as I may not want this announced in a meeting.

Thanks for replying Manic Joe! Wish this forum was more user friendly. Couldn't find any way to reply so have retyped original question.

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
To reply to a message, you need to create an account, which you should do.

If you are referring to the notifications for new text messages, you probably need to go to the phone's notification settings and change the amount of info being displayed. On my phone, the location is:
settings / sound & notifications / lock screen /
My choices are { show all, hide sensitive, hide all }

Sounds like you have "hide sensitive" turned on, which will signal that you have a new text message but not display the name nor number nor actual text of the message in the notification. (I have my phone set to this.)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Is this your original thread? http://forums.androidcentral.com/as...nversations-different-people.html#post5830521

You'll find that the forums are more user-friendly once you've registered and stay logged in. It allows you to keep track of responses to your posts and respond within threads yourself. The ability to ask a question on these forums without registering or logging is unique among forums, I think, so it's actually an extra bonus for the Android community at large.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21