My Phone Is Capitalizing Every Word

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I got the latest update to my Samsung Galaxy Note 8 a few days ago and now it will not stop capitalizing every word I type. Sometimes It Might start off normal or change throughout what I'm typing but it's super annoying. I'm Using The Samsung Keyboard And I've Tried Turning Off Auto Caps But It Still Capitalized Everything. Does Anyone Have a fix for this? I'm Tired Of Having Everything I Type Look Like A Book Title. :(

Ryanandrew23

Feb 4, 2018
Visit site
My Phone is doing the same? I have found that if i backspace at all during the sentence it makes it back to normal? I believe this was a glitch that they will have to fix immediately because it makes it crazy inconvenient..

stevenjeter1

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
All of this is being typed from my Note 8 with the recent software update installed.

Mine Has The Same Problem. Mine Only Happens With The Swype Feature. If I Use Swype, It Does It. If I don't use Swype, it doesn't.

This Was Typed With Swype.

This was typed without Swype.

I did notice that if you turn off Auto Capitalization, and use Swype, it didn't auto capitalize words.

I also noticed (with Auto Capitalization OFF) if I type a word with a capital letter in the middle of the sentence using Swype, words after that will be capitalized, even after turning off Auto Capitalization. For Example:
(The baker from Sweden Made A Cake)

So it is a glitch or bug that Samsung will have to fix. It is super annoying.

Last edited:

remmi916

Feb 6, 2018
Visit site
I also have the Galaxy S8. I turned off the Samsung Keyboard and downloaded Google's Gboard. I'm already happier, as it seems to be more intuitive, and the glitch is no longer an issue. For me, this was a gift, disguised as a disaster. I have had nothing but issues with the glide typing feature since I got this phone. With Gboard, I'm not experiencing nearly half of the mis-cues.

KiwiOne

Feb 7, 2018
Visit site
Hey Everyone. My phone was doing the same thing with the capitalization on every word. I read a post earlier and downloaded GBoard. No more issues. I'm a die-hard swiper since day 1 and I'm finding this keyboard WAY better, faster, and more intuitive. Just gotta get use to accessing symbols. Seriously, Google GBoard.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze